ctcLink Update: Important Information: Prepare for ctcLink launch on Thursday, May 19
This week faculty and staff in departments across Yakima Valley College are working with our new ctcLink system. They are settling in and getting ready to serve students and other employees. They are focused on becoming more familiar with ctcLink and checking to make sure information has transferred correctly. Many college offices are closed this week to prepare to serve and support you on May 19, when you will begin using ctcLink.
Get Ready to Start Using ctcLink on May 19
On Thursday, May 19, you will be able to activate your account and begin using ctcLink. Online help and support—both self-service tutorials and from Technology Services staff—will be available to assist with technical issues. Please do not attempt to activate your account before May 19.
- To activate your ctcLink account on May 19, you will enter your existing SID to receive your new ctcLink identification number (called an EMPLID in the system). Be sure to write down your new ID number when you get it and keep it in a safe place. You will use this new ID number to access your information across Yakima Valley College as well as across the Washington community and technical college system.
- Learn how to use ctcLink to register for classes, view financial aid information, and much more with step-by-step guides and tutorials on our ctcLink Resources for Students web page.
- Starting on May 19, if you encounter issues with account activation or other technical difficulties, please contact the HelpDesk at 509.574.4717.
ASYVC Support Sessions: May 19 and May 23-26
ASYVC will host student-to-student support sessions to help students learn the basics of ctcLink, including browsing available classes, enrolling in courses and making payments. Sessions will be held on May 19 and May 23 – 26 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. each day. Get help in person at the HUB on the Yakima Campus or in Grandview Main on the Grandview Campus or join the support sessions via Zoom.
Summer Quarter Registration Begins May 31, Fall Quarter Registration Begins June 1 Using ctcLink
On Tuesday, May 31, registration for Summer Quarter begins for returning students using the new ctcLink system. Fall Quarter registration will begin Wednesday, June 1 for returning students using ctcLink.
- Starting on Monday, May 23, you’ll be able to preview the Summer and Fall quarter class schedules for your planning purposes. Look for an email on May 23 with a link to preview these class schedules.
- Quick tips for using the new class schedule:
- Review our tutorial on how to search and enroll in classes.
- Common Course Numbered (CCN) classes are listed as a separate subject. You will want to search for classes in both subjects.
- Make sure to uncheck the “See Open Classes Only” box so you can see all classes, including those that may be closed.
- If you need a course permission numbers (formerly known as entry codes) contact the course instructor.
A Mobile App Is Available
One exciting feature of ctcLink is an app you can use on your mobile devices. Search the App Store (iPhone) or Play Store (Android) on your mobile device for “ctcLink” to download and install this free app today. Note: You must activate your ctcLink account before using the mobile app or its web-based version. Learn more about how to get the app. After you activate your ctcLink account on May 19, you’ll be able to access ctcLink directly through your mobile device using the app.
We know moving to ctcLink is a big change for everyone. Please be patient as we learn this new system together.