Yakima Valley College (YVC) understands that the cost of education is a major factor in the decision to attend college. Therefore, YVC wants you to know the cost of Lower Division Tuition & Fees and Upper Division Tuition & Fees up front. Whether you are in-state, out-of-state, international, or a dreamer, you can know the cost of attendance up front before you make the decision to attend YVC.
As a college, YVC provides an excellent education at a fraction of the cost of attending a 4-year public university or private college. YVC students enjoy the benefits of engaging and highly qualified faculty instructors, smaller class sizes, more individualized instruction, and of course, lower tuition and fees. Don’t just take our word for it, compare YVC to other colleges and universities and see for yourself.
YVC makes college affordable for everybody. Under HB1079, students that qualify as Dreamers pay in-state tuition rates. To qualify, the student must fill out the HB1079 Form and return it to the Admissions Office.
Fees & Rates
The following rates are in effect for 2017-2018 and are subject to change without notice:
- Application fee: YVC has a $30 application fee, and, in addition, some specific professional/technical programs may require an application fee.
- Placement test fee is $20.00 and is nonrefundable. Fees are to be paid at the time of the test.
- Audit fees are paid at the same rate as regular tuition.
- International Student Application fee is $30.00 and is required for new international students and those returning after an absence of one or more years.
- Lab fees vary.
- Combined service fees are $4.50 per credit with a maximum of $45.00 per quarter.
- Technology use fee is $4.50 per credit.
- ELearning fee is $3.00 per credit.
- Graduation Application fee is $10.00, charged no more than once per academic year for processing a student’s degree and certificate application.
- YVC/Yakima Valley Technical Skills Center (YV-Tech) fees are required for all collaborative programs: $715.00 plus additional applicable fees per quarter. YVC classes are charged regular YVC per-credit fees.
Registration fees and tuition are to be paid in accordance with tuition deadlines. Students who have not paid by the specified deadline may be dropped from classes. Students must not assume they will be dropped from class if they fail to pay tuition.
Note: All tuition and fee rates are subject to change without notice.
Generally, tuition is due when you register. Paying at that time will eliminate any chance that you will be dropped from your classes for nonpayment. If you are not able to pay tuition when you register, please see the Important Dates page for tuition due dates. If your tuition is paid by a third party, it is your responsibility to verify your tuition has been paid.