Placement Testing Instructions
To receive placement assessment instructions, email your name and YVC Student ID Number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your YVC Student ID Number can be found in your Welcome Letter/Email after you applied to YVC. You must have completed the Admission process before you take the assessments.
- YVC staff will respond to you within two business days with directions for accessing the online assessments.
- Because of the type of assessments we use, we do not have study guides, and studying prior to the assessments is not necessary. The assessments are based on your past academic experience and your own assessment of your knowledge. They are not traditional skills tests – you will not be editing essays or solving math problems.
Watch this video to learn more about our math assessment.
Running Start applicants
- Complete Running Start Admission Application online. You must upload a copy of your high school transcript to the application.
- Running Start will respond to you by email (email@example.com) within two business days with directions for accessing the online assessments tools.
- Testing Services will be closed on all holidays and college closures.
Disability Testing assistance
If you have a disability requiring testing accommodations, please contact Disability Support Services at 509.574.4956 or TDD 509.574.4677 and Grandview at 509.882.7042.
Retesting is generally not allowed unless a student experiences an emergency or has extreme technical problems during the assessments.