Placement Testing Locations
The placement testing fee is $20 per session and is non-refundable and non-transferable.
All students must have applied to the college and received a Student ID Number to take the Placement Testing.
What to you will need to test
• YVC Student ID number (Located in your Welcome Letter.)
• $20.00 payment
• Photo identification: drivers license, state ID card, current high school ID, tribal ID, or passport.
Placement Testing Options April 2020
YVC is committed to providing you placement opportunities during our time of limited services. Here are your current options to complete the placement process:
- Read over the placement options to see if you can use your high school transcripts or test scores. Scan and email your documents to email@example.com. Staff will get back to you with your placements and the next steps.
- Remote testing at home – This is available for students who have already completed and paid for the YVC Admissions Application. Both English and math placements are available.
- To test for math, this option requires a webcam, reliable internet access, and a $20 fee to the proctoring service, Examity. Students can check their system requirements here.
- Email your name, what quarter you are applying for, student email address (not a high school email), and your YVC student ID number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you think you only need English OR math, please let us know.
- You will receive an email with instructions on how to test.
- Email us when your testing is complete and we will let you know your next step.
Running Start Applicants Test at Home Option
This option requires a webcam, reliable internet access, and a $20 fee to the proctoring service, Examity.
- Email the following in a .pdf or .jpg format to email@example.com:
- Completed Running Start application
- Unofficial copy of high school transcript. Try emailing your HS counselor first. If you are unable to get a transcript, please send a screenshot of your Skyward (or other systems) records. We are looking for your overall high school GPA and any math courses you’ve taken. Also, send any high school level Smarter Balanced scores you have.
- Make sure to include the STUDENT’S email address on the application. Do not use your school email or a parent email.
- You will receive an email with instructions on how to test from home.
- Yakima and Grandview Testing Services will be closed on all holidays and college closures. The test schedule is subject to change.
- If you have a disability requiring testing accommodations, please contact Disability Support Services at 509.574.4956 or TDD 509.574.4677. and Grandview in 509.882.7042.
Retesting is by permission only; see a test proctor for instructions. No retests allowed after starting or taking a math class at YVC.