On April 28, 2020, Yakima Valley College received funds under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students. YVC intends to use the funds to provide emergency financial aid grants to students.
Total Funds Received
Yakima Valley College received funds totaling $13,203,291.
Total Grants Distributed
Yakima Valley College has awarded $9,969,732.08 in grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of 12/31/2021.
As of Fall 2021, YVC estimated that 4,788 students are eligible for HEERF III funds. The Spring of 2021, YVC estimated that 4,366 students are eligible for HEERF II and HEERF III funds.
YVC estimated that 3,600 Spring 2020 students were eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of May 28, 2020.
Number of Students Helped
Yakima Valley College has helped a total of 3,895 unduplicated students by providing Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of 12/31/2021.
In addition to the information and instructions provided here, the following communication was emailed to all potentially eligible students:
YVC has CARES Act funds available for students who have a valid FAFSA/WASFA on file. This simple online form will only take a few minutes, begin now! This is free grant money as part of the federal government’s response to COVID. The Financial Aid Office encourages all students to submit the online form. You have the option to have funds applied to tuition charges or sent directly to BankMobile. Check your Student Account balance here. In case you did not set up a BankMobile preference for receiving a refund please visit refund selection.
Click here to Apply for Emergency Funding
Quarterly Report of Disbursement
- 1/04/2022: Total Disbursed: $9,969,732.08, unduplicated students served 3,895, estimated unduplicated students eligible 4,788 (CARES II, MSI II, CARES III & SAIHE Allocation)
- 9/30/2021: Total Disbursed: $6,451,394.88, unduplicated students served 3,241, estimated unduplicated students eligible 1,654 (CARES II, MSI II & CARES III, SAIHE Allocation)
- 6/30/2021: Total disbursed: $5,055,487.50, unduplicated students served 2,988 (CARES II, MSI II & CARES III Allocation)
- 4/10/2021: Total disbursed: $2,145,863, unduplicated students served 2,644 (CARES I & MSI I Allocation)
- 12/31/2020: Total disbursed: $1,423,670, unduplicated students served 2,189 (CARES I Allocation)
- 9/30/2020: Total disbursed: $787,675, unduplicated students served 1,977 (CARES I Allocation)
As of the end of quarter 1, 2021 CARES I and MSI I funds have been exhausted. As of the end of quarter 4 2021, CARES II and MSI II funds have been exhausted.