Students in the Sterile Processing Technician (SPT) Program prepare for an exciting career as an integral member of the healthcare team in sterile processing or materials management departments of hospitals and surgery centers. Main duties include care and processing of all types of medical devices, surgical equipment and instrumentation, and patient care items. Graduates sit for the National Certified Registered Central Service Technician Examination. This is the only SPT program available to students in the Yakima Valley and takes only two quarters to complete. We accept up to 10 students each Fall at the Yakima campus.
Application and Acceptance Period
We accept up to 10 students each Fall Quarter at the Yakima campus. The first 10 complete applications qualify for acceptance. A waitlist of up to 10 applicants will be kept until the beginning of the qualification quarter. If you do not get accepted, please apply for the next cohort, and see your advisor.
About the Program
- Sterile Processing Technician Certificate (19 credits)
- Online instruction/Lab in Yakima
- 400 Hour Clinical Externship
- Launch Your Career in Just 6 Months
- Opportunity Grant Money Available
- Average Wage Above $41,000 annually
- Graduates Qualify to Take the National Certification Examination