Don’t miss your shot at a $1,000 scholarship. This summer YVC will be awarding COVID-19 Vaccine Incentive Awards to students thanks to funding provided by the Washington State COVID-19 vaccination incentive program. Eligible students are degree-seekers who were enrolled in at least 6 credits during Spring 2021 quarter, are Washington state residents and who have not graduated from YVC.
From this pool, the college will randomly select 10 students to each receive a $1,000 scholarship. In order to receive the scholarship, students must show proof that they have received at least one shot of their COVID-19 vaccination. The college will not retain this proof of vaccination.
Here are other important details for you to know:
- Scholarship recipients must be enrolled for Fall 2021 by July 15.
- The scholarship will be applied to each recipient’s student account, as is the case for all other scholarships.
- Any award will not affect that student’s eligibility or amount calculations for Washington state financial award programs such as the Washington College Grant. The award may affect the student’s federal financial aid.
- Award recipients will be selected and notified on or before July 30, 2021.
- Student participation in the incentive program is optional.