All student services are currently being offered through online, email, or telephone options.

No in-person student services are being offered until campuses reopen.

Campuses are closed to the public until further notice.

Returning College Student

Yakima Valley College (YVC) is glad you have decided to return and continue your journey towards obtaining a degree/certificate or an additional degree/certificate. Returning students can follow these guidelines to help make the transition back to YVC an easy one. If you are a returning student and you haven’t attended YVC for a year or more. Then you will need to reapply.

You can reactivate your student ID by going down to the Student Portal and entering your Student ID number and password. If you have forgotten your login information then click on the “Create your Student ID” tab below for how to recover your information.




The application to admission to YVC is online. It is easy to get started.

There is a $30 application fee that must be paid before your application will be processed. You can pay the application fee in person at the Cashier’s Office in the Deccio Higher Education Building or you can mail your payment to:

YVC Admissions Office
P.O. Box 22520
Yakima, WA 98907-2520

Please include your name as it appears on your application, your student identification number (if you have one), and the quarter you are planning to attend.

We get it, paying for College can be overwhelming and confusing. That’s why we want to help you each step of the way to make sure you understand how, why, and when you need to pull out your wallet.

To be considered for federal or state financial aid complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Visit: List YVC as one of your choices (Code: 003805). For the best chance to receive aid, submit by March 1. Residents of WA but not US citizens may qualify for aid. Learn more about WASFA. Visit:

If you attended another college or university since you last attended YVC, please request an official copy of your transcript(s) to be sent to the Admissions Office. The transcript(s) will not be evaluated until you have applied and paid the application fee. The evaluation process can take two to four weeks. You will receive an email once the process is complete.

YVC has many paths for you to find your starting points in English & math. Most courses have placement prerequisites for writing and math ability and all new students must have placements in order to register for classes. Visit to see all the options you have to find your English and math placements. You should complete the placement process within two weeks of admission.

Your placement scores are valid for two years from the test date. If you have taken placement tests at another college in the last two years, you may have your scores sent to YVC. Contact the Testing Center for more information.

The Student Portal is a secure portal for YVC students. You’ll use the Student Portal account to register for classes, view your schedule, and monitor your degree progress (among other really cool resources).

Follow these steps to create your Student Portal account.

Have your Student Identification Number (SID) on hand. Haven’t received your student number yet? Or don’t know where to find it? That’s okay!

How can I get my SID?

  • Your SID is included in your YVC enrollment acceptance letter.

I forgot my student identification number. Can I call to get it?

  • Yes. You will need to answer several questions correctly in order to establish your identity and then we can provide it to you.

What is my PIN? 
Your PIN is a six digit personal identification number or password. At first, your PIN is your date of birth. If you were born in the months of January to September, your PIN is a MDDYY format. For example, if your date of birth was February 25, 1995, your PIN would be 22595. If you were born in the months October to December, your PIN would be in MMDDYY format. For example, if your date of birth was November 6, 1993, your PIN would be 110693.


YVC offers so many options, we don’t even have enough space to list them all here. Let’s just say this: it doesn’t matter what your goals are for attending YVC, we can help you reach them. In fact, we might even offer something you didn’t even know existed.

Our best advice?


YVC’s academic advising helps you develop a clear plan to achieve your education and career goals. Explore YVC’s pathways! You will need your student ID and password. It can be found in your Letter of Admission. Visit:

Students with 30 or more transferable college level classes do not need to attend the New Student Orientation (NSO). Once your transcript(s) have been evaluated, you will be assigned a registration appointment on the date transfer students can register. That date is located on the Important Dates Calendar.

Students with less than 30 transferable college level courses are required to attend the NSO, even if you have already gone through it before. Sign up for the next NSO with the Admissions Office once any placement testing (if needed) is completed.

You will register for your classes at the New Student orientation (NSO). You will be able to view your class registration online using the Student Portal.


You may pay in person at the cahiers office in the Deccio Higher Education Building or online. Pay Online

Where do I get my card?

  • Yakima Student Life Office in the HUB
  • Grandview Student Council Office in the Activity Center

What to bring?

  • Valid ID with photo
  • Student ID Number

Technical problems or lost card?

Contact Technology Services at 509.574.4717 / Replacement cards cost $5.00.

Now that you've registered for classes, it is time to buy books. Visit the College Bookstore. They guarantee to have the book required for your class.
Student parking permits are not required on the YVC campuses. A limited amount of free student parking is available in lots H and K on the Yakima campus.  All other parking lots in Yakima require the appropriate permit or are Pay by Day lots. More about parking.
Academic support includes Computer Labs, Math Center, Tutoring Center, Writing Center and Library Services. Learn more about these resources.

Non-traditional Learning

YVC grants college level credit for some non-traditional learning. One form of non-traditional learning is standardized testing from Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), or College Level Examination Program (CLEP). YVC offers other forms of non-traditional learning. Visit the non-traditional learning page for more information.

Questions?  Contact Enrollment Services 509.574.4712 /