​​​​​​​​​​International Students Programs & Transfer Options

Yakima Valley College has bee​n working with student all over the world for over 25 years.

student with a globe

Study abroad program options for students looking at international studies in the US

We specialize in helping students who want to study abroad get started on their US college education right here in Washington State, we help save you money while you complete your first two years of college with us at a much more competitive tuition cost, you also receive great value by living in our affordable campus housing for two years and then move on or transfer to top colleges in USA.

International University Transfer Programs

Students who earn the Associate of Arts degree will be able to transfer to Washington colleges and universities that honor the Direct Transfer Agreement with junior standing, having met

lower division general education requirements. In addition to transferring, YVC has university partnerships with Central Washington UniversityWashington State University, and Heritage University.

Through the Direct Transfer Agreement YVC international students have shown success continuing their education at many top four-year universities, including:

Study Abroad Programs and Options

YVC offers degrees and certificates in over 40 disciplines including:

Veterinary Technology
And many more

This video highlights our Engineering Program.   YVC Faculty explain that students transfer from YVC to Engineering programs at the University of Washington, Washington State University, Central Washington University, and the University of Idaho.

Are you ready to study abroad program in the U.S.?

We are a smaller specialized campus, which allows me to work closely with students who are trying to study abroad, you won’t find that level of service in other Colleges or Universities study abroad programs, we are unique.

Our goal is to help you get started fast with your international studies

Please take a copy of our Getting Started Checklist which lists the items you need when preparing to study abroad, it includes items such as your student visa, i-20 Certificate of Eligibility​, and your F-1 Visa which is a non-immigrant visa for those wishing to study in the U.S.​

Don’t let the paperwork formalities ​​​detract you,​ it might look ​a little challenging, but your future is worth a little hard work.