YVC launches #YaksVaxUp campaign to encourage vaccination against COVID-19

This spring Yakima Valley College is collaborating with the Yakima Health District to offer Mobile COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics on the YVC Yakima Campus. The clinics will be held Wednesday, May 19, 2021, from 8:00 am-2:00 pm and Wednesday, June 9, 2021, from 8:00 am-2:00 pm.

The clinics are geared to offer a convenient opportunity for students and staff to receive their vaccination.

ASYVC Yakima Student Council President, Penny Tahmalwash shares why it was important for her to get vaccinated, “I got the COVID vaccine to protect myself and my children, it is important for their future that I stay healthy and safe for their sake.”

COVID-19 vaccines are 100% free to all individuals, regardless of insurance and immigration status. Read a U.S. Department of Health & Human Services factsheet. At your appointment, you will be provided with information on the brand of COVID vaccine you received, as well as information on when you need to receive your second dose if you received a two-dose vaccine.

ASYVC Yakima Student Council Vice President, Miguel Blancas also shared his thoughts on why receiving the vaccine was essential. “I got my vaccine because I want to help move my family and community forward so I we can all celebrate together safely.”

Click on the graphic below or schedule an appointment online. Registration is optional, walk-ins are also welcome.

Don’t forget to share an image on social media with the hashtag #YaksVaxUp to encourage other community members to get vaccinated. For additional information contact communityrelations@yvcc.edu.

Vaccination Clinic Registration QR Code