Services and Duties
Call if you are afraid of walking alone on campus for any reason. Security Officers are available to accompany you to your classroom or vehicle. Contact Campus Security at 509.574.4610. Security assistance may be arranged daily by notifying Campus Security during office hours.
YVC asks the public and campus community to be vigilant about suspicious behavior around campus and in our parking lots. Please contact Campus Security to report crimes, criminal actions or other emergencies.
Duties include but not limited to…
- Enforcement of college rules and regulations and local, state, and federal laws.
- Patrol of the campus buildings and grounds for prowlers, property damage, or other irregularities on foot, bike, or in a patrol vehicle.
- Direction and regulation of traffic and parking.
- Investigation of accidents or crimes, responding to first aid calls, receiving and writing of reports of criminal activity.
- Assistance to stranded motorist with dead batteries, lockouts in vehicles, or buildings, etc.
- Assistance to local law enforcement agencies and fire department.
Lost & Found
Lost and Found is located in the Campus Security Office in Campus Operations. Property will be held for 90 days.
- Hazardous Communication
- Fire Evacuation/Procedures
- Reporting Accidents/Procedures
- Return to Work/Accidents First Aid/CPR
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Drug/Alcohol Orientation
- Employee Orientation
- Employee Responsibilities
- Employer Responsibilities
- Safe Places
- Addresses Campus Safety Concerns
- Focuses on Preventative Safety Measures
- Focuses on Campus Projects Involving Safety Reviews Safety Policy(s)
- Safety Inspection Campus-wide
- Compliance Recommendations as Needed
- Special Project Inspection
- Ongoing Compliance
- Storage Information