Upward Bound Program accepting applications for the 2023-24 academic year
Yakima Valley College is currently accepting applications for the Upward Bound Program. YVC’s Upward Bound is a federally funded program that serves students from Wapato, Toppenish, Granger and Sunnyside school districts. Upward Bound supports low-income and first-generation students in successfully graduating from high school and pursuing higher education. Students benefit from additional career and class guidance, academic preparation and college/scholarship support.
Who is Eligible?
- Low-income and/or first-generation students
- Students entering the 9th, 10th or 11th grade
- From Wapato, Toppenish, Granger and Sunnyside high schools
- S. Citizen or legal Permanent Resident
- Motivated high school students seeking postsecondary education with a minimum 2.5 GPA
- In need of academic support/resources
- Guidance in navigating the college and scholarship process
- Tutoring support and Saturday seminars
- Assistance with class and career planning
- A unique 6-week summer residential program that provides a true college experience
- College campus tours and connections
- Computer and calculator lending system
- Monthly stipend, up to $40 a month for participation
- One-on-one advising with Upward Bound Staff
Over the last 40 years, YVC’s Upward Bound program has helped hundreds of students reach their college dreams. In 2022, YVC received a new five-year grant, totaling $2.74 million, for the Upward Bound program. The grant enables the college to serve 110 students annually from eligible school districts.
Want to apply or have questions? Contact Upward Bound today at email@example.com or 509.574.4958.