RM Wineries, LLC is Hiring for 2022 Grape Harvest!
P O S I T I O N: Winery Grape Harvest Lab Technician/Intern
L O C A T I O N: Mattawa, WA or George, WA | RM Wineries: Wahluke Wine Company, Inc and
Ancient Lake Wine Company, LLC
F L S A: Temporary, Full-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
D U R A T I O N: Approx. June 2022 – November 2022 (approx. 5 month internship)
S C H E D U L E: Anticipated: 5-6 days a week, 10-12 hour days, variable schedule
R A N G E: $15.00 -$16.00
RM Wineries, LLC is actively looking for an individual to come work as an intern in the lab and in the cellar (when needed) performing basic grape analysis and sampling as well as production manual labor in our outdoor winery cellar, as needed. This is an excellent opportunity for someone eager to learn more about the wine industry and gain valuable experience in wine production during a grape harvest. This person would be eager work long hours, including overtime hours!
Under the direction and support of the Lab Manager and Cellar Master, the position will primarily:
• Crush various grape samples and follow basic analysis procedures on samples;
• Enter juice and wine analyses into spreadsheets and/or wine tracking software;
• Check daily sugar levels on fermenting tanks in the cellar (i.e Brix);
• Perform manual labor responsibilities outdoors including moving hoses, digging out tanks, and adding chemicals to tanks, when directed;
• Collect designated samples from wine tanks and/or wine barrels.
The qualified candidate would have the following:
• Must be 18 years of age;
• High School Diploma;
• Degree or pursuit of a degree in Enology/Wine Science or related field is strongly preferred;
• Previous experience in an agricultural related field desired; experience in viticulture environment
• Basic comprehension in general chemistry concepts and procedures;
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English is necessary as well as proficient writing and communication skills;
• Minimum of one (1) year of experience performing wine chemistry/wine lab responsibilities (hands on work experience, training, or educational experience) is strongly preferred;
• Minimum of one (1) year of experience performing manual labor in varying weather elements;
• Prompt and reliable; will show up to work on time when scheduled;
• Able to demonstrate ability to be a team player, works with others well, takes direction well, able to problem solve, possess adaptability, remain focused, and have a positive and patient attitude.
• Demonstrates ability to complete training course to safely perform manual labor in confined spaces, if needed.
Physical requirements include: (The position will perform responsibilities in a lab and outdoor cellar)
• Capable of being on feet for extended periods of time both standing and walking;
• Required to possess the color vision necessary to judge and evaluate wine color as well as able to read data in spreadsheets;
• Manual dexterity of both upper and lower body—able to crouch, lift, stoop, bend, twist, pull;
• Can lift approximately 40 pounds over the head when performing additions, if needed;
• Able to work on cat walks and walk up and down stairs multiple times a day at elevated heights up to 40 feet;
• Able to work in extreme and varying weather elements and conditions;
• Hearing sufficient for in person and radio communication;
• Able to lift or move up to 40 pounds at a time (lab packages, case of wine, chemical bags etc);
To apply, please submit a complete job application with at least two (2) professional/or previous employment references to Hannah DeHoog, Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. A cover letter and resume are appreciated, but not required. Applications can also be submitted in a sealed envelope in person or via mail:
To drop off—Wahluke Wine Company, Inc 23934 Road T.1 SW, Mattawa WA 99349
Ancient Lake Wine Company, LLC 795 Beverly Burke Rd N Quincy, WA 98848
To mail—Attn: Hannah DeHoog PO BOX 1260, Quincy, WA 98848
Applications can be downloaded on our company website at www.wahlukewinecompany.com or www.alwinery.com under the careers tab. In the event we are interested in your application, we will reach out either via the listed email or phone number you provide.
**Job is open until filled