Yakima Valley College offers Flagger Certification Training – November 18
Yakima Valley College announces an upcoming Flagger Certification Training on Friday, November 18, 2022. The one-day training will be held from 7:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. on YVC’s Yakima Campus – Skills Center, Building 32, Room 104. The training provides certification for work zone traffic control flaggers. The tuition fee of $55 includes a flagger handbook, classroom instruction and the opportunity to take the Washington State certification exam.
How to Register
Interested parties must register and pay in advance. Individuals may register by contacting Heather Lundquist at 509.574.4745 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Forty-eight hours’ notice is required for class refunds.
- Class is held in Skills Center, Building 32, Room 104. Social distancing and advanced safety protocols are in place to help keep all participants safe.
- Be on time! Students need to arrive to class no later than 7:45 a.m. and class will be over no later than 4:30 p.m.
- Be prepared to have your picture taken for your new certification card. We will ask for hats to be taken off for a clear picture.
- Dress casually.
- Bring your own lunch.
- YVC’s campus is smoke free except in designated smoking areas.
- Participants must present a valid state photo ID at the morning check-in to attend the class.
- All materials are taught in English.
- Reading and understanding English is a must. There is some math required.
- Bring eye glasses, if needed.
- Free student parking is located in Lot K off of Prasch and 15th Avenue, no permit needed. Additional parking is available in pay lots I and N at a cost of $2 per day. All payment is by debit or credit card. No cash options are available. View campus map.
- The Washington State Department of Labor and Industries (L&I) classifies working as a Traffic Control Flagger as “hazardous employment,” therefore class enrollees must be at least 18 years of age to attend the training class.
Retake & Refund Policy
- Retake: Participants are allowed to retake the training and retest at no additional fee if they are not successful in passing the exam the first time.
- Refund:If participants are unable to attend the class on the scheduled day, a full refund will be issued if notification is received by the WorkFirst Office at least 48 hours prior to the class date. All refunds take 14-21 business days to be processed. Students who fail to show up for class will not receive a refund.
- Cancellations: If minimum enrollment is not met by the day before the training or there is inclement weather, the class may be canceled. Students will be notified by the phone numbers listed on the registration form and emailed (if email address is provided). If class is canceled, students will have the option to be moved into the next flagger certification class at no additional cost or to receive a full refund.
Flagger Certification Training may also be available for companies. Space is limited and classes fill quickly; register and pay early to guarantee your seat. For more information contact 509.574.4745 / email@example.com.