Student Residence Center

On-Campus Housing

Most college students find that the positive experience of learning to live with others enriches their lives. YVC’s residence hall experience can prove to be as valuable as your academic experience.

The Student Residence Center (SRC) provides a safe living community for students at a competitive price. The residence hall is located on the Yakima campus and is within a short walking distance to classes, the library, and other campus and recreational facilities.

The Student Residence Center (SRC) provides a safe living community for students on campus. The SRC has features that meet your needs and will enhance your college experience!

Student residence cneter

Housing Options Available

Large room floor plan

Double Unit

  • Unit Size: 175 Square Feet

  • Occupancy: 2 People

  • Beds: 2

  • Rate: $325 (per person)

Small Room floor plan

Single Unit

  • Unit Size: 126 Square Feet

  • Occupancy: 1 Person

  • Beds: 1

  • Rate: $350

Large room floor plan

Large Unit

  • Unit Size: 175 Square Feet

  • Occupancy: 1 Person

  • Beds: 2

  • Rate: $380


Get an idea of what we are about and living here. Read our brochure.


You’re only a few steps away from living on campus.

students in dorm room on bed

Dorm Room Amenities

Your room includes:
regular size twin bed
desk and chair
closet, and dresser

Utilities included

Air conditioning unit

Individually controlled heat and cooling

Cable TV and Internet hookups in each room

*In-room cable TV/Internet service at additional cost

food in the oven

Kitchen Features

Each floor has a community kitchen with a *stovetop/range, oven, refrigerator, toaster, and microwave.

Residents are permitted to have a microwave and/or dorm size refrigerator in their dorm room.

CDX’s Dining Service offers food service on campus and is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals.

Days and hours of operation may vary.

*Stovetop roasting, pan frying, deep frying, are prohibited. Grease and oil are prohibited.

moving into a dorm room

Building Features

Cable TV in public areas

Personal mailboxes

On-site laundry facilities


Recreation room featuring pool, foosball, and ping pong tables

Wireless Internet in public areas on campus

In-house Internet café

Off Street Parking


Who assigns my roommate?2019-06-05T15:49:40-07:00

If you know of a specific individual that you would like to live with indicate that on your housing application. The roommate should do the same, and the Housing Office will work to match you together as roommates. In the event that you do not have a specific roommate request, the Housing Office will attempt to match answers on the application which will assist in assigning you with a compatible roommate.

If your roommate moves out of the room, you will be allowed to stay in the room without a roommate and pay the appropriate single room rate, or secondly you will be offered the opportunity to find a person in a similar situation and become roommates.

Do I have to pay to park?2019-06-05T15:49:40-07:00

Student parking permits are no longer required on the YVC Campus.  This will only affect the free student parking lots H and K. Parking lot K is a Student Parking lot located next to the dorms.

All other parking lots will continue to require the appropriate permit.  Please reference the campus map for specific parking requirements.​

For additional details, contact 574-4610.

What appliances can I have in my room?2019-06-05T15:49:40-07:00

A small fridge (no larger than 36 inches and/or three cubic feet) and small microwave (no more than 800 watts are recommended).

Where will I eat?2019-06-05T15:49:40-07:00

The residence hall at Yakima Valley College offers kitchens on each floor. The kitchen is equipped with a stove (see frying rules below), refrigerator, microwave, tables and chairs. Cooking and eating utensils are not provided.  We have found from experience that this room is very popular in that students can cook there, eat in a large area with friends and then study.

Of course, you can bring a small refrigerator or microwave to cook in your room if you wish. There are grocery stores within walking distance of the residence hall.

We do not have food service in the building.  Food service is available on the main campus in the HUB cafeteria. You can check with them regarding menus and serving hours.

There are several restaurants and fast food establishments in the local area.

For SRC kitchen rules, including stove top/range options, please see the following documents:  SRC Kitchen Rules & SRC Frying Rules.

When is my rent due?2019-06-05T15:49:40-07:00

Rent is due on the first day of every month. A $25.00 late fee will be assessed on the sixth day.

How do I pay my rent?2019-06-05T15:49:40-07:00

Yakima Valley College
Attention: Cashier’s Office
P.O. Box 22520
Yakima, WA 98907-2520

In Person:
Yakima Valley College, Deccio Building Cashier Desk

Online (YVC students only):

Pay Your Tuition & Fees Online (Including Housing Rent & Fees)

Important note:  Tuition and other fees including housing amounts will be shown all together.  The Housing office will distribute bills with monthly breakdowns.  For more information regarding Housing finances you can contact the Housing Office at 509.574.4885 or src@yvcc.edu.

If I am receiving financial aid, will it pay my rent when I move in?2019-06-05T15:49:40-07:00

Maybe. It depends on when you move in, how much Financial Aid you get, and when Financial Aid will be disbursed.

Financial Aid is paid to tuition and fees first, and then it will pay other charges such as housing. The soonest Financial Aid can pay your rent is the first day of the quarter. So, if you move in prior to the start of the quarter you will be responsible for all charges leading up to that quarter.

It is your responsibility to check with the Financial Aid office regarding disbursement dates and amounts.

The Housing Office will not hold payment due pending receipt of earnings, income or financial aid. ​

What is the refund policy?2019-06-05T15:49:40-07:00

Please see your housing contract for refund terms.

What is the quiet lifestyle floor?2019-06-05T15:49:55-07:00

The ‘Quiet lifestyle floor’ is for students wanting an atmosphere conducive to studying and sleeping.

The second floor of Lyon hall has been designated as co-ed quiet.

  1. Quiet hours: 24 hours every day.
  2. Any noise (that is, stereos, televisions, radios, talking, etc.) must be kept at a level that cannot be heard by neighboring residents. Noise that is prolonged and/or blatant (noise that enters another student’s room) is in violation of the policy.
  3. Three quiet lifestyle violations will result in removal from the quiet lifestyle floor.
What is my dorm address?2019-06-05T15:49:55-07:00

You will have your own mailbox and this is your address:
(Resident Name)
1113 South 14th Avenue
Yakima, Washington 98902

What size are the beds? Can I bring my own?2019-06-05T15:49:56-07:00

All beds are regular twin, not extra long twin beds.

You cannot bring beds or mattresses.

What about cable television and Internet access?2019-06-05T15:49:56-07:00

Basic cable is provided in common lounge/recreation areas.  Wi-Fi is provided within the SRC for YVC students and public internet is available when the rec room is open.

Charter Cable has internet and cable television hook-ups in every room and they have various plans available. You will need to make your own arrangements for these services. There is a small computer lab in the residence hall that offers free internet service to YVC students.

Go to Top