What is an Opportunity Grant?
The Opportunity Grant program helps low-income students complete up to one year of college and a certificate in a high-wage, high-demand career.
To be eligible you must enroll in any of the following I-BEST (Integrated Basic Education and Skills Training) programs or career pathway programs at the college:
- Be a Washington State resident as defined in RCW 28B.15.012.
- Have a current FAFSA and have financial need based on the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Have a family income at or below 200% of the federal poverty level (see HHS Poverty Guidelines)
- Maintain a cumulative 2.0 GPA and meet YVC’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policy
NOTE: Priority funding goes to students who are enrolled in an I-BEST program
Students may receive financial assistance for:
- Tuition and mandatory fees
- Reimbursement allowance for required books/supplies
- Eligible students may receive funding for up to 45 credits toward a qualifying degree or certificate (must be used within 3 years)
Opportunity Grant I-BEST students may also be eligible for:
- Career coaching
- Some program related licensing/testing fees
- Emergency funds (transportation, child care, other emergency student costs)
Opportunity Grant is awarded based on eligibility and availability of funds.
Students must reapply for Opportunity Grant each quarter.
Download the Application
Submit your completed application to:
Deccio Higher Ed. Center, Building 8, Room 131 or 133 or the Financial Aid Counter in Deccio (or Financial Aid Drop Box)