YVC Alumni Association
The YVC Alumni Association is dedicated to providing alumni new and exciting ways to connect with their alma mater and with other alumni. The association, governed by a volunteer board of directors, works to promote a close relationship between alumni and the college.
The Yakima Valley College Alumni Association was established in 1977 to help graduates maintain an interest in YVC and to keep them informed of progress and policies of the college. In addition, the group worked to aid YVC in initiating and promoting activities which were in the best interest of the institution.
In keeping with the original purpose, today’s YVC Alumni Association currently has two areas of focus.
- The annual award of the YVC Alumni Scholarship and the procurement of the funds with which to make the award.
- Preservation of the history of the college through the acquisition of historical documents and publications; and through the documentation and preservation of the plaques around the campus.
There are many ways to stay connected with the YVC community now that you have graduated. The opportunities for career networking, participating in alumni events, and volunteering are some of the many benefits of your engagement with your alma mater.
- Complete the Alumni Association Application to enable YVC to share your memories and experiences with current and prospective students. Dues are only $10 per year.
- Nominate a peer or leader to for the annual Distinguished Alumnus Award.
- Support your Alumni Association by volunteering to serve on the Alumni Association Board of Directors.
- Mentor a current student.
- Attend YVC events and connect with other alumni.
- Engage and plan programs with the Alumni Association and campus based partners.
- Build leadership skills by serving on a committee.
Please consider making a donation to YVC’s Alumni Association.
We Accept the following
Money, old yearbooks, books written by alumni authors, and relevant historical information.
Join the Alumni Association
Alumni Association Scholarship
College today is more expensive than ever and is increasingly out of reach for many deserving young men and women. The YVC Alumni Association sponsors a scholarship for these students through YVC’s Foundation.
The YVC Alumni Association Scholarship is awarded to a full-time (12 credits) student enrolled at YVC and working toward an AA in arts and sciences, technical areas, or general studies. The student must demonstrate achievement, either academic, professional, or through life experience, and financial need. Preference is given to family members of YVC alumni.
Help YVC students accomplish their dreams by providing financial assistance.
For more information about donating visit the YVC Foundation at yvcc.edu/foundation
Over the years, the campus of Yakima Valley College has been graced by many informative plaques placed on buildings and other locations of interest. In 2005 it came to the attention of the Alumni Association that there is no process in place to keep track of, or maintain the condition of these wonderful bits of campus history. The YVC Alumni Association therefore offered to both catalogue and track the plaques and be responsible for their restoration. For more information on the restoration project contact the Alumni Association.
Distinguished Alumnus Award
Each year the YVC Alumni Association seeks nominations for the annual Distinguished Alumnus Award. The award gets presented at the YVC Commencement Ceremony each June. The award was first conferred in 1982 to Catherine May Bedell, a 1934 YVC graduate and U.S. Congresswoman. Since then, the award has been presented to a variety of notable graduates of YVC.