DSS Testing Appointment2017-08-31T23:32:24-07:00

​​​How to Request a Testing Appointment

  • Send a Test Request Email

    Your test request must be in ONE EMAIL with your instructor’s email address in the To: (example tsmith@yvcc.edu) and Cc: dss@yvcc.edu. Your email should be formatted in the following way:

    To: tsmith@yvcc.edu
    Cc: dss@yvcc.edu
    Email Subject: Test Request

    In the body of the email please include the following information: ​

    Date of test: 10/09/2017
    Time you are requesting to take the test: 9:00 am
    Instructor name: Tom Smith
    Course name: English 102

  • Confirmation Email from DSS

    IMPORTANT: ​ Your appointment is NOT SCHEDULED until you receive a confirmation email from dss@yvcc.edu.

Important: Exam Start Times

Exam start times must fall between: 8:00-10:00 am or 12:45-3:00 pm

Disability Support Service (DSS) FAQs

What kinds of accommodations does DSS offer?2019-06-05T15:49:56-07:00

DSS offers a wide range of accommodations. Appropriate accommodations are determined based on each student’s disability and the supporting documentation. Some of the more common accommodations are:

  • Extended time/quiet environment on exams
  • Notetaker/ recorded lectures
  • Reader/scribe
  • Adaptive technology
  • ASL interpreter
  • Extended time/quiet environment on exams
  • eText
What documentation do I need to provide to DSS?2019-06-05T15:49:56-07:00

Students must provide current documentation of the disability (documentation is usually within 3 years). The documentation needs to be from a qualified professional (physician, psychologist, certified counselor, etc.) and needs to include:

  • The nature of the disability and how it impacts the student’s ability to participate in major life activities.
  • Results of assessments used to diagnose the disability.
  • Medications prescribed relating to the disability and how they may impact the student’s ability to participate in classes.
  • A recommendation of accommodations or academic adjustments that may offset the effects of the disability.
How do I obtain documentation?2019-06-05T15:49:56-07:00

YVC does not evaluate students for disability. The student must provide documentation, which should be available from wherever your disability was diagnosed; your doctor, counselor, HS, etc.
If you have not been diagnosed with a disability, but believe you have one, you may want to meet with a qualified professional to have them assess whether you do have a disability. Sometimes agencies such as Department of Vocational Rehabilitation or Central Washington Comprehensive Mental Health can facilitate this process.

Does DSS have funds available to assist with my education?2019-06-05T15:49:56-07:00

DSS provides its services at no cost to the student. We do not have funding available to assist with the cost of attending college. Financial aid and scholarship information is available through the Financial Aid office in the Deccio Building.

Go to Top