Raymond Library provides computers and printing for use by students and employees. Limited use is also available for the public.
Raymond Library has 77 computers for student use:
- 42 computers at round tables in the center of the first floor.
- 4 computers on ADA desks that can be used for wheelchair access or as stand-up computer desks.
- 12 computers in individual study carrels along the east wall.
- 14 computers in individual study carrels in the northeast corner.
- 5 computers in the large study area on the second floor.
The following software is installed on each library computer:
- Windows 10 operating system
- Microsoft Office 2016: Access, Excel, InfoPath, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word
- Radiology Modules (accessible by Radiology students only)
- Respondus Lockdown Browser
- There are 4 black & white printers and 1 color printer on the first floor of Raymond Library and 1 black & white printer next to the computers in the second floor study area.
- All printers print on 8.5 x 11 paper and do double-sided printing.
- Staplers, a staple remover, and a 3-hole punch are located next to the first floor printers.
- The library also provides a black & white photocopier and a color photocopier as well as a scanner/fax machine. Scans are $.05 per scan (with a $.10 minimum per scan job). Faxes are $1.00 per page with no charge for the cover page.
Yakima Valley College and the State of Washington are working to reduce waste, reduce electricity, reduce paper consumption, and provide cost savings to increase student and faculty/staff efficiency. Starting Spring Quarter YVC will begin using a print management system, Papercut. Papercut will provide the college with stats regarding student printing that include tree consumption, C02 produced, and electricity consumption stats. The system will limit student printing to 500 sheets to per quarter, but additional copies are available for a small fee.
- All student printers will have a per page cost.
- 1 side = 1 page
- Duplex = 2 pages
- Students will be allocated 500 free Black & White pages per quarter. After each quarter, free page allocation will be reset to 500. The balance remaining from the previous quarter will not roll into the following quarter.
- Black & White: First 500 pages free – $0.01 after
- Color: $0.50 per page
Cost of printing is subject to change with notification of minimum 30 days. For more information please contact the Technology Services Helpdesk at 509.574.4717 / email@example.com.
The Library does not proctor tests. If you require a test proctor or an access code for a test in Canvas, go the Computer Lab/Student Testing Center in Deccio 208 and 230 (Building 8).
There is one stand-up computer available for use by community members. Please limit use to 60 minutes per day. Printing is available at $.15 per page for black & white, $1.00 for color. Save documents on a USB drive and bring the drive to the library’s desk to have the documents printed and to pay for them. Cash is required. Photocopiers and the scanner/fax machine may also be used by community members with cash.