Non-degree Seeking Student

Non-degree seeking students are students taking classes at Yakima Valley College (YVC) but are not interested in obtaining a degree and/or certificate. The reasons to enroll in classes could be for personal enrichment, summer classes, to transfer the class to another college or university, or for work purposes.

Non-degree seeking students are not eligible for financial aid and are limited to enrolling in 11 credits or less. There are no exceptions to this policy. The following guideline can be followed to become a non-degree seeking student at YVC.




A student who has previously attended YVC in the past needs to complete the Walk-in Registration Form. A student who has not previously attended YVC will be required to also complete the attached Supplemental Application form.

If you do not want a personal copy of the forms, you may print them off yourself. YV​C will not make a copy of the form for you if you choose this option.

Non -degree seeking students do not qualify for financial aid.

The Student Portal is a secure portal for YVC students. You’ll use the Student Portal account to register for classes, view your schedule, and monitor your degree progress (among other really cool resources).

Follow these steps to create your Student Portal account.

Have your Student Identification Number (SID) on hand. Haven’t received your student number yet? Or don’t know where to find it? That’s okay!

How can I get my SID?

  • Your SID is included in your YVC enrollment acceptance letter.

I forgot my student identification number. Can I call to get it?

  • Yes. You will need to answer several questions correctly in order to establish your identity and then we can provide it to you.

What is my PIN? 
Your PIN is a six digit personal identification number or password. At first, your PIN is your date of birth. If you were born in the months of January to September, your PIN is a MDDYY format. For example, if your date of birth was February 25, 1995, your PIN would be 22595. If you were born in the months October to December, your PIN would be in MMDDYY format. For example, if your date of birth was November 6, 1993, your PIN would be 110693.


YVC offers so many options, we don’t even have enough space to list them all here. Let’s just say this: it doesn’t matter what your goals are for attending YVC, we can help you reach them. In fact, we might even offer something you didn’t even know existed.

Our best advice?


Once open registration begins, a non-degree seeking student can register for classes. Students must show proof they meet all course pre-requisites before they can enroll in the course. The open registration dates can be found on the Important Dates Calendar. Gold card members must wait until the fourth day of classes before they can register.


Pay your tuition by the deadline found on the Important Dates calendar.

Where do I get my card?

  • Yakima Student Life Office in the HUB
  • Grandview Student Council Office in the Activity Center

What to bring?

  • Valid ID with photo
  • Student ID Number

Where can I use my card?

  • Pay tuition
  • Bookstore
  • Dining and Espresso Bar
  • Check in at tutoring centers, computer and testing labs
  • Printing and copying in the library
  • Attend athletic and student events
  • Discounts at community businesses

How do I add funds to my card?

Network Id: Student ID Number
Password: Student Pin Number (DOB without leading 0, MMDDYY)
In Person: Cashier’s Office

Yakima Campus
Deccio Higher Education Center, Building 8, Room 108
Grandview Campus
Main Building, Building 56, Room 110

Technical problems or lost card?

Contact Technology Services at 509.574.4717 / Replacement cards cost $5.00.

Now that you’ve registered for classes, it is time to buy books.

Visit the College Bookstore. They will have the book required for your classes. You can order books online or visit the bookstores located at the Yakima campus in the Hopf Union Building (HUB) or in the main building on the Grandview campus.


Student parking permits are no longer required on the YVC Campus.  This will only affect the free student parking lots H and K.  All other parking lots will continue to require the appropriate permit.  Please reference the campus map on the security web site for specific parking requirements.​

All of the previous reserved paid areas, lots B, F, and N are now “pay by the day” lots that require payment of $1.00 dollar exact change only with the current permit placed on the dash. Permits are non-transferrable to drivers of other vehicles.

Your Content Goes Here