Minimum Application Eligibility Requirements
All eligibility requirements must be complete by the end of spring quarter. If a student is completing any of the requirements during summer quarter, they can still apply however, the application will be wait listed until after summer quarter.
- Hold an associate’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- If you have completed 90 or more college level credits without a degree please contact the BASM Coordinator to determine eligibility at BASM@yvcc.edu or 509.834.4522.
- Minimum cumulative college-level GPA of 2.0
- Completion of ENGL& 101 with a “C” or above
- Completion of a Quantitative/Symbolic Reasoning course with a “C” or above (e.g. Math& 107, Math 141, Math 148)
- Microsoft proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficiency can be met by completing one of the following scenarios.
- Completing IT 100 with a “C” or above, or
- Completing BT 160 and IT 111 and IT 120 with a “C” or above, or
- Proficiency through exam (see BASM Coordinator)
Step 1 Apply to YVC
- Complete the online YVC Application. There is a $30 non-refundable application fee. Students do not need to complete the YVC application if they have been a student within the last twelve months.
- Apply for FAFSA/WASFA, if you intend to use financial aid.
- Send all official transcripts from previously attended colleges or universities to YVC admissions for evaluation if applicable. Current YVC students who have submitted transcripts recently do not need to resubmit.
Yakima Valley College
PO BOX 22520
Yakima, WA 98907-2520
Step 2 Apply to the Program
Applications are accepted on an annual basis from March 1 – May 31. Do not submit BASM program applications before March 1.
- Complete and submit the BASM Application. This application is free.
Step 3 Wait for Notification
Applications are reviewed in June. Students can expect a notification from the BASM program toward the end of June or early July.
If you are accepted, plan on attending a mandatory advising appointment in July and an orientation session the week before fall quarter classes begin. Instructions will be sent with the program notification.
Final Admission Decision
Applicants will be awarded points on the following criteria:
- Completion of an associate’s degree
- Additional points if the degree is business related
- GPA (higher GPA, increases points awarded).
- Additional points awarded for completion of any, or all of the course options below:
- Humanities course (5 credits)
- Natural science course (5 credits)
- Natural science lab course (5 credits)
- Additional general education courses in any of the following: Communication, Quantitative, Humanities, Social Science or Natural Science (10 credits).
- A minimum grade point average of “C” (2.0) must be achieved in the above courses
BASM Degree Worksheet