Step 1: Apply to Yakima Valley College
- Complete the online YVC Application. There is a $30 non-refundable application fee. Students do not need to complete the YVC application if they have been a student within the last twelve months.
- Apply for FAFSA/WASFA, if you intend to use financial aid.
- Send all official transcripts from previously attended colleges or universities to YVC admissions for evaluation if applicable. Current YVC students who have submitted transcripts recently do not need to resubmit.
Yakima Valley College
PO BOX 22520
Yakima, WA 98907-2520
Step 2: Apply to the Program
The BASAG program is a selective admissions program. Applications are accepted on an annual basis from March 1 – May 31. Do not submit BASAG program applications before March 1.
- Applicants are ranked according to a rubric based on required admission criteria
- Industry experience in an agricultural-related field will be evaluated based on years of experience
Complete and submit the BASAG Application. The application is free.
Step 3: Wait for Notification
Applications are reviewed in June. Students can expect a notification from the BASAG program toward the end of June or early July.
If you are accepted, plan on attending a mandatory advising appointment in July and an orientation session the week before fall quarter classes begin. Instructions will be sent with the program notification.
Step 4: Final Admission Decision
Applicants will be awarded points on the following criteria:
- Completion of an associate’s degree
- Additional points if the degree is Agriculture related
- AAS and AAS-T in Agribusiness
- AAS in Production/Pest Management
- AAS and AAS-T in Vineyard Technology
- AAS in Winery Technology
- GPA (higher GPA, increases points awarded).
- Industry Work Experience
- Additional points awarded for completion of any, or all of the course options are below:
- AGSCI 110: Irrigation Principles
- AGSCI 213: Integrated Pest Mgmt.
- CHEM 121: Intro to Chemistry w/Lab
- MATH 146: Statistics
- Preferred* NS/HUM/SS elective