Outreach events scheduled for spring and summer
Community members can again take advantage of hands-on assistance completing their application and enrolling in classes during Yakima Valley College’s Express Enrollment Days starting in June.
Last year, Express Enrollment Days on the Yakima and Grandview campuses drew more than 200 community members looking to begin their degree or certificate at YVC.
“We had very positive feedback from those who participated in Express Enrollment Days last year,” said Pedro Navarrete, assistant dean of the Grandview Campus. “People appreciated getting one-on-one help taking care of all the steps they need to get started at YVC. From completing your application for admission to applying for student aid to exploring academic pathways with an advisor, you can take care of everything at the same time during one of our Express Enrollment Days.”
No appointment is necessary to take part in YVC’s Express Enrollment Days, which will take place the following dates.
Yakima Campus (South 16th Ave and Nob Hill Blvd)
- June 22 — 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Deccio Higher Education Center (Building #8)
- July 20 — 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Deccio Higher Education Center (Building #8)
- August 3 — 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Deccio Higher Education Center (Building #8)
Grandview Campus (500 W. Main Street)
- June 21 — 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Grandview Main (Building #56)
- July 19 — 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Grandview Main (Building #56)
- August 2 — 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Grandview Main (Building #56)
Students needing to complete both their application for admission and an application for financial aid should make sure to arrive by 5 p.m. to ensure they have enough time to complete both. Learn more about what to bring to Express Enrollment Days.
In addition to Express Enrollment Days, anyone interested in beginning studies at YVC in Fall 2023 can contact the college’s Admission Office for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509.574.4712. New students must complete their application online by August 7 for fall quarter admission. Search for Fall Quarter 2023 classes online.
Bachelor of Applied Science Information Sessions – May 3 & Aug. 9
Community members also are invited to learn more about YVC’s Bachelor of Applied Science programs in Agricultural Science, Business Management, IT Network – System Administration and Teacher Education during upcoming information sessions.
- May 3 – Noon and 5 p.m., Yakima Campus, Deccio Higher Education Center (Building #8), Parker Room, South 16th Ave and Nob Hill Blvd.
- August 9 – 5 p.m., Join online via Zoom
The college’s BAS programs are designed for individuals who have earned their associate’s degree or 90+ college-level credits and are looking for an affordable pathway to complete their applied bachelor’s degree.