The ASYVC Executive board has yet another movie to present for its Movie of the Week!
Students may again have the opportunity to watch a FREE movie on Kanopy and then discuss the movie and its themes below.
The movie for this week is “The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared“.
Powered by the antics of a mischievous centenarian on the run, comic fable The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared abounds with irreverent charm.
After a long and colorful life working in munitions and getting entangled in the Spanish Civil War, the Manhattan Project, and other definitive events of the 20th century, Allan Karlsson finds himself stuck in a nursing home. Determined to escape on his 100th birthday, he leaps out of a window and onto the nearest bus, kicking off an unexpected journey involving, among other surprises, a suitcase stuffed with cash, some wicked criminals, and an elephant named Sonya.
Like an unruly Nordic cousin of Forrest Gump, Allan’s youthful escapades and current adventures weave together into an offbeat treat for anyone who’s young at heart. Starring beloved comedian Robert Gustafsson, this fanciful spin on world history is based on a best-selling novel and also the highest-grossing Swedish film of all time.
- Winner of the Audience Award at the Chicago International Film Festival and Audience Favorite at the Mill Valley Film Festival
- Nominated for Best Achievement in Makeup and Hairstyling at the Academy Awards
- “Irreverent and frequently outrageous. Clever and thoroughly crowd-pleasing.” – Peter Debruge, Variety
- “An explosive comedy…A hoot and a half.” – Betsy Sharkey, Los Angeles Times
This movie can be seen by all of the student body with Kanopy. New to Kanopy? No problem! Just follow these steps to get you started!
- Go to Kanopy
- Click on Get Started
- Click on Watch now with your public library card or university login
- Click on Find your University
- Seach for Yakima Valley College
- Click Log into YVCC
- Log in using your SID number and birthdate
- Create your account, very quick to do
- Start watching films!
Abraham Lopez, Grandview Student Council President