The ASYVC Executive Board is hiring!

Meet Penny Tahmalwash – Vice President

Greetings, my name is Penny Tahmalwash, this past calendar school year my position with ASYVC has been the Vice President. The VP position works closely with all clubs, supporting their cause and needs, and maintaining updated info about the clubs. What I like the most about being on student government is supporting the student voices of YVC, whether it is guiding students to the right department to get their questions answered or assisting with events. My passion in life is to help people, and being a part of ASYVC has put my feet on the right pathway.

Meet Miguel Blancas – Programmer

Hello, fellow Yaks! I’m Miguel Blancas, ASYVC Programmer for Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA)! We are excited to be welcoming a new group of talented leaders this Fall! If you are considering extra-curricular activities that will enhance your leadership skills, consider being an active member of your campus’s Student Government Association. As a programmer for the student body, you’ll have the opportunity to facilitate engaging events that will help fellow Yaks better prepare for the world ahead.

Meet Robert Morrison – Public Relations and Publicity Officer

Hey everyone, my name is Robert Morrison.  I am the Public Relations and Publicity Officer here at YVC-Yakima Campus.  Here is your chance to apply and join the Executive Board next year and learn some amazing things.  Do you enjoy helping others and being creative? If so, you’d be great at my current position.  I create the posters for the events that ASYVC puts on as well as for clubs when they request it.  You’ll need some great organizational skills as the programmers and clubs really count on you to get the word out for their events. I have had a great year with lots of new experiences and look forward to next year as I hope to be on the Executive Board again.  I hope everyone applies and I look forward to seeing you all around campus again.

A little bit about the Student Government

The Associated Students of Yakima Valley College is comprised of all registered YVC students, have a voice through their student government to assure that student issues and concerns are heard. YVC offers opportunities for students to get involved in student government at both the Yakima and Grandview campuses.

The application deadline is Friday, May 15th at 5 pm.