Exposure, Testing, & Symptoms
- If you have been in close contact (within 6 feet of someone for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period) with someone who has COVID-19, quarantine for 14 days after your last contact.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 or experience COVID-like symptoms quarantine for 10 days from the day the symptoms initially appeared.
- If you develop symptoms after testing positive, your 10-day isolation period must start over.
- Security is the main point of contact for COVID-related reporting.
- Security will disseminate the information gathered to include the date of exposure and location to the vice-presidents, deans, instructors, and facility operations (no personal information about the individual will be released.)
- Security will notify instructors and students about reported cases that are relevant to their classes. Instructors and/or the VP of instruction will be responsible for notifying students of any classroom changes or cancelations if needed and for how long.
Process For Students
- A student that believes they have or have been exposed to COVID needs to contact security to initiate a COVID contact report. The information security will gather includes student name, YVC I.D. number, contact phone number, mailing address, date of exposure, date of symptoms, date reported, classes they are enrolled in, names of instructors, and locations on campus visited while infected if any.
- After the report is taken, security will then forward the date and location of the potential exposure to Instructors/Deans, Facilities, and any other departments that may be affected by the exposure or person reporting symptoms. No other information other than the date and location will be provided.
- At that point, security will provide the students in the class with the information pertaining to the exposure (date and time). Any decisions regarding changes in classroom instruction will be made and managed by the instructor, dean, and VP for I&SS. Personal information about the student is not to be given out to maintain confidentiality.
Process For Employees
- An employee that believes they have or have been exposed to COVID needs to contact security to initiate a COVID contact report. The information security will gather includes the employee’s name, YVC employee I.D. number, contact phone number, mailing address, date of exposure, date of symptoms, date reported, and locations on campus visited while infected if any.
- Security will then pass the information gathered in the report to the Director of Human Resources or the designee.
- Human Resources will then manage notifying the appropriate personnel.