What to Bring
New residents often wonder what they should bring with them to the Residence Center. While the rooms have space for you to live comfortably, it is important to bear in mind you may be sharing a living space and should be prepared to leave things behind. (You can always bring more later!)
Things to bring
- Bed linens, including regular twin bed sheets, blanket, pillow and bedspread
- Toiletries, bathroom supplies, bath towels
- Laundry supplies, detergent, fabric softener, hamper, basket
- Clothing (for both warm and cool weather) and clothes hangers, walking shoes
- Alarm clock
- Study lamp
- School supplies
- Personal computer
- Decorations such as posters, plants, and pictures of friends and family, pets, etc.
- Personal items to help make your new home comfortable, cozy, and yours!
Electronics & Appliances
(All appliances & electronics must be UL certified)
- Entertainment electronics (stereo, television, video games, DVD player, etc.)
- Refrigerator (4 cubic feet or smaller)
- Iron and ironing board
Things you may not bring
- Kitchenette appliances with exposed heating elements/coils/burners. These include open-coiled toasters, toaster ovens, grills, surface cooker/grills (i.e. “George Foreman Grill”), hot plates, deep fryers, electric skillets, halogen lamps, etc.
- Candles, incense or anything with a flame. Smoking and vaping are not permitted in the hall.
- Alcohol or empty alcohol containers, illegal drugs.
- Fireworks or weapons, including large knives (defined as more than 6 inches from tip of blade to handle), guns, ammo, or explosives.