Financial Aid Portal
What do I have to do to be able to log into the Portal?
- You need to apply for financial aid through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid process.
- I have not applied for financial aid through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid process. Where can I do that? You can apply at www.fafsa.gov.
What will I see in the Portal?
- The Financial Aid Portal will give you access to a list of missing requirements, your awards, forms and any special messages from the Financial Aid office.
- You can find any special messages from the Financial Aid office in the Additional Information section.
- You may be able to upload documents, in .pdf, .doc, or .jpeg format to your financial aid file.
- If your awards are in an offered status, you may have the option to accept or reject those awards. (Note: not every community or technical college in Washington State will allow you to upload documents or accept or decline awards. If your college does, there will be prompts in each section.)
Financial Aid Portal Login
- Username: Student’s 9-digit social security number (Dreamers use ITIN or WASFA Application ID)
- Password: Student’s 6-digit date of birth (mmddyy)
- If student is born February 6th, 1989 the password would be 020689
- If you’re still not able to login, it may be that the student’s FAFSA has not been received yet. If it was submitted in the last week or two, this will be the case.
Select the appropriate award year.
In addition to documents needed, the portal displays satisfactory progress status codes earned at YVC. The “due date” indicates when the status was assigned; recognizing this date will help you determine if the status is an older or current status.
Documents are processed in the order received. We recommend that you submit all required documents together within 3 weeks of our request. We will not penalize an early applicant because a response deadline was missed. However, we cannot consider you for aid until your file is complete and has been reviewed.
Tracking the Direct Loans Process at YVC
- When the Stafford Loan Request form shows a received date, we have received the request.
- When the Stafford Loan has been added to your financial aid awards, we have requested approval of your loan from the Federal Government.
- When the net amount of loan disbursements are displayed, your loan has been approved by the Federal Government.
- It usually takes about one week after loan approval for funds to be ready for disbursement. When funds are sent to BankMobile, a notation is made in the portal. Funds are sent to BankMobile the morning after the date shown.