20 April, 2017

Do I have to work during the break?

2018-03-08T16:24:04+00:00April 20th, 2017||

Our expectation is for students to take time off from work during winter and spring breaks. If you have funding remaining at the end of fall or winter quarters and are enrolled at least half-time for the following quarter, you may work during break periods. You may not exceed your quarterly award.

19 April, 2017

How does attendance work in repayment of financial aid?

2018-03-08T16:24:04+00:00April 19th, 2017||

If attendance cannot be established by the financial aid office, 100% of the student's aid must be returned, including aid that applied to institutional charges and aid that was delivered to the student. (In the case where the student's attendance is not established, all aid including loans must be repaid immediately.) If attendance can be [...]

7 December, 2018

I did not receive a Canvas invitation. What should I do?

2018-12-07T01:25:09+00:00December 7th, 2018|

Please contact McKayla Avalos, Program Assistant in Deccio Higher Ed Building, Building 8,  Room 131 on Yakima Campus. You may contact her at 509.834.4558.  For those students on the Grandview Campus, contact Diana Jennings, Main Building on the Grandview Campus. Or phone her at 509.882.7008.

19 April, 2017

What happens if you are expelled or withdraw?

2018-03-08T16:24:04+00:00April 19th, 2017||

Students who withdraw or are expelled before attending classes are not eligible for financial aid and must return/repay any aid that was disbursed. YVC will return any funds that applied to the student's account, and the student must repay all other aid that was disbursed. Federal and State financial aid recipients and others who qualify [...]

19 April, 2017

Will I qualify for need-based financial aid?

2018-11-27T16:33:41+00:00April 19th, 2017||

The formula used to process the FAFSA information was established by Congress to ensure that all financial aid applicants are treated consistently and that they pay a fair portion of the educational costs. The formula, called Congressional Methodology, is used for all financial aid applicants and considers your family's income and assets to calculate the [...]

19 April, 2017

What are the enrollment requirements?

2018-03-08T16:24:05+00:00April 19th, 2017||

Financial aid is available to student at all enrollments levels, except federal loans that require a minimum enrollment of 6 credits per quarter. The YVC financial aid office awards financial aid to students at the full-time level (12 or more credits per term) so that students know their maximum level of support. However, aid will [...]

19 April, 2017

What programs qualify for financial aid?

2018-03-08T16:24:20+00:00April 19th, 2017||

Yakima Valley College offers a variety of programs for which needy students may receive support through the financial aid office. However, there are some programs that DO NOT QUALIFY for financial assistance. In general, programs that lead to associate's degrees and certificate programs that are at least one academic year in length are eligible for funding. [...]

Go to Top