Room Use2018-05-10T16:30:53-07:00

Facilities Use

YVC allows outside entities to request use of college facilities on both the Yakima and Grandview campuses in accordance with policy 3.02 Facilities Use. Any use of campus facilities must be coordinated and approved by the designated Facilities Scheduler consistent with the terms and conditions of this policy.

Room use requests must be submitted for approval a minimum of 10 working days in advance of the event date. If you would like to request room usage, please fill out this form. For additional information contact Stefanie Menard (Yakima Campus) at 509.574.4646 or Senaida Lopez​ (Grandview Campus) at 509.882.7009.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is your cancellation policy?2018-05-09T15:31:55-07:00

Cancellations must be made in writing two business days prior to the event date. Failure to do so will result in the user being required to pay all rental costs.

Will I be required to pre-pay?2018-05-09T15:31:55-07:00

Space rentals are billed monthly. You will receive an invoice for the facilities use charges following the event date.

Can I reserve space on a reoccurring or monthly basis?2018-05-09T15:31:55-07:00

In most cases reservations need to be submitted independently and space will be reserved on a case-by-case basis.

Do you provide wireless internet service during meetings?2018-05-09T15:31:55-07:00

Please request wireless internet access at the time you are booking your meeting with the appropriate campus scheduler.

What is the college parking policy?2018-05-09T15:31:55-07:00

Limited free parking is available on a first-come, first-serve basis in free student and staff parking lots. For those choosing to park in staff parking, a “visitor permit” will be required. Individuals parking in one of  the many pay-by-the-day or metered areas will be required to pay to park.

Can we bring in food from the outside?2018-05-09T15:31:55-07:00

Catering on campus can be arranged through CDX Dining Services or an approved YVC Food Service Vendor. Reference Food Service for additional information.

Can we post signs around the campus for the event? What about sandwich boards?2018-05-09T15:31:55-07:00

YVC reserves the right to regulate the time, place and manner of deliver of all communications at the college. College facilities may not be used for commercial solicitations, advertising, or promotional activities. Materials may be posted to the community bulletin board must be approved in advance by the Student Life Office or the Community Relations Office.

Can we affix decorations to the campus space?2018-05-09T15:31:55-07:00

Please use only blue painter’s tape when hanging decorations. Avoid taping wood and glass surfaces to avoid damage. Any damage caused by decorations or guest is the liability of the event host.

Can we rent space for weddings or private parties?2018-05-09T15:31:55-07:00

We no longer provide rental facilities for private parties, weddings, and other external social events.

Facilities Use Application

Go to Top