Building Your Own PC Workshop
Ever have the desire to build your own PC, but wasn’t sure how or where to start? This student-led workshop will talk about how to select components that will fit your needs, demonstrate how to physically put a PC together and install a Windows operating system.
Date: Thursday, March 14
Location: Technology Complex, Building 24, Room 205
By the end of the workshop, attendees will:
- Know what type of computer fits their needs
- Know where and how to buy parts
- Know where to check part compatibility
- Know what components are necessary in a PC.
- Know what the components purpose is
- Understand how to properly handle computer components
- Identify common cables and connectors found inside a PC
- Know how to assemble a computer
- Identify common components found inside a PC
- Understand a computers motherboard documentation
- Know how to install an OS
- Know what a partition is and how to make or remove them
RSVP Required. Contact Cathy Van Winsen at 509.574.4796 / email@example.com.