ctcLink Update: Summer/Fall schedule errors corrected & class search tips
Errors in Summer and Fall 2022 course listings have been corrected, with a couple exceptions that we expect to be resolved shortly. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused in planning your class schedule. Please read below for important information to ensure you are enrolling in classes on our Yakima or Grandview campuses.
Registration for Summer Quarter begins Tuesday, May 31, for returning students using the new ctcLink system. Registration for Fall Quarter begins Wednesday, June 1, for returning students. If you haven’t yet activated your ctcLink account, please do so now so that you will be ready to register for classes.
You also are encouraged to carefully read our step-by-step enrollment help guides and tutorials to help you become more familiar with the new registration system. You can also watch a video demonstration of how to search and enroll in classes provided by Grandview Student Council President Lilly Villa.
Selecting Classes in Grandview and Yakima
As you enroll in courses, please make sure to check whether the course you want is being held on the Yakima Campus, Grandview Campus or online.
If you’re using the mobile version of ctcLink, when you search for classes you can use the “Location” filter to narrow your results as shown in the screenshot below.
In the search results, under the “Campus” heading, all classes, including online classes, are currently listed as “Main Campus.” You can find the actual location of the class, including building and room number, under the “Room” heading as indicated in the screenshot below. Check to make sure you know whether the class is on the Yakima or Grandview campus.
You can also see the location of a class if you look at the course details, as shown below.
Note that the class search view looks different on the desktop version of ctcLink, but you also can filter by location in the class search and see the location in the class details.
Common ctcLink Activation Issues
Please be aware of a few common issues students have experienced during account activation:
- Full versus shortened first name — You will need to use the first name you used when you registered at YVC. If your full first name doesn’t work and there’s a shortened name you commonly use, try that.
- Hyphenated last names — You will need to use the last name you used when you registered at YVC. If you have a hyphenated last name, try both with and without a hyphen.
- Birthdate — Double-check to make sure you have entered your correct birthdate in the format (MM/DD/YYYY) or use the calendar icon.
Additional Registration Support
ASYVC will host student-to-student support sessions next week to help answer questions about registering for classes. Sessions are:
- Tuesday, May 31: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 1: 10-11 a.m. and 1-2 p.m.
- Thursday, June 2: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.