ctcLink Update: Services paused or with limited hours in May
The process of moving from our current student data, finance, and business systems to the new ctcLink system will begin soon. To make the transition, we need to shut down our current systems and transfer the data. This means you will not have access to your records and some services for a period of time in May. We apologize for this inconvenience, but it is necessary.
Services Paused During ctcLink Transition
Please note the following dates when other services will be paused for the ctcLink transition.
- Many college offices will be closed or have limited hours from May 9 to 20 and will not be able to return calls or emails during this time in order to focus on the transition. This includes Admissions, Business Offices, Cashiering, Enrollment and Registration, Financial Aid Offices, and Payroll.
- Financial aid and scholarship disbursements will not occur between April 22 and May 20.
- The last day for cashiering transactions in business offices was Friday, April 22. Cashiering services will resume on Monday, May 23 using the new ctcLink system.
Services That Will Remain Open and Accessible
Your coursework in Canvas will not be interrupted. You will also have access to email and Office365 as well as library systems.
ctcLink Opens for Student Use May 19 – Start Learning Now
- On Thursday, May 19, you will be asked to activate your new account in ctcLink. Once activated, it will provide access to your student records and information in ctcLink. Watch your email for details on how to do that.
- Curious about how you’ll activate your ctcLink account beginning May 19? You can visit the ctcLink Resources for Students web page to start learning today about how you will use ctcLink.
Logging Into ctcLink and Other YVC Services
After activating your ctcLink account, you’ll receive a ctcLink identification number that you’ll use to log into ctcLink to search and register for classes, update your personal information, and complete other college business. You’ll continue to use your YVC student email to log into Canvas, the student portal, lab computers, and other services.
|How to log into YVC services|
|ctcLink||Canvas, lab computers, laptops from the lending program, Office365, Outlook email|
|Use your ctcLink ID number to log in||Use your YVC student email to log in|
Student portal gets a new look on May 5
On Thursday, May 5, the college’s Student Portal will get a refresh as part of the ctcLink transition. While the portal will look different, it will include many of the same links and resources, other than those moving to ctcLink.
Keep watching for important announcements, especially in your email and Canvas. Please make it a priority to read messages about ctcLink and take any actions you are asked to complete.
We are excited to bring these new tools and features to you.