We’re changing our systems and online tools to better serve you. In May, Yakima Valley College will launch a new and improved technology and data system called ctcLink. These improvements will make the way you access your information more user-friendly with more self-service and mobile-friendly features available.
Many systems, like registration, will be changing. To learn more about these changes, refer to the ctcLink for Students website.
What can you expect during the transition?
New Look for Summer/Fall Class Schedules
Start planning your next quarter with the new Summer and Fall 2022 class schedules, available on Monday, May 23. You’ll notice a new look and some changes to how it works as you view the class schedule in ctcLink. We hope these improvements will assist you. If you have questions, review our online tutorial, Searching and Enrolling in Classes, and get ready to register starting May 31 for Summer Quarter and June 1 for Fall Quarter.
Pause in Services During Transition
Preparing for ctcLink will mean a pause in many current services, and several college offices will be closed from May 9 to 20. The offices listed below will not be able to return calls or emails during this time. This is necessary to prepare for the changeover of data systems and to test and verify our new systems. We know this is inconvenient, but we ask for your patience during this time. It is extremely important to make sure the data in the new system is accurate.
Offices and services affected include:
- Business Offices and Cashiering
- Enrollment and Registration
- Financial Aid
- Payroll and Human Resources
- You will not have access to your student accounts and information during this time.
You will still have access to:
- Coursework on Canvas
- Email and Office365
Following are important dates and notes about the change to ctcLink. Watch your email for details.
- From May 9 to 20, many of our offices and data systems will be closed to prepare for this change and test and verify our new systems.
- If all goes well, on Thursday, May 19, the new ctcLink system will open for your use. You’ll be asked to activate your new ctcLink account and receive your new student ID. Watch your email for details.
- On Tuesday, May 31, registration for Summer Quarter will begin using the new system. Watch your email for details.
- On Wednesday, June 1, registration for Fall Quarter will begin using the new system. Watch your email for details.
We’re excited to bring these new tools and features to you to help make your college experience more user-friendly and serve you better.