TEAS Testing During Campus Closures
During COVID-19 campus closure, the YVC Nursing Department will be offering the TEAS exam online with a select number of dates and times, for applicants applying for the fall and winter quarter deadlines.
Applicants must contact the Nursing department, at firstname.lastname@example.org, to request a test date and time, a minimum of 5 days prior to the desired test date. Please put “TEAS Request” in the subject line of your email.
Fall Quarter Applicants Date
- Tuesday, June 30 at 3 PM *With a mandatory dry test run on June 29 at 1 PM
Winter Quarter Applicant Dates
- Thursday, August 6 at 8 AM
- Wednesday, August 12 at 9 AM
- Saturday, August 22 at 8:30 AM
- Friday, August 28 at 12 noon
- Thursday, September 3 at 1 PM
Winter Quarter Applicants Mandatory Dry Run Dates
- Wednesday, August 5 at 8 AM
- Thursday, August 20 at 12 noon
- Tuesday, September 1 at 1 PM
*The mandatory dry run is free of charge and is necessary to determine if your operating system will require updates or has problems with ATI’s PROCTORIO system. Failure to complete the dry run will result in not being able to take the TEAS test.
Requirements for Online Testing
- Google Chrome: Install Google Chrome on your device. (You will not be able to take the proctored assessment with any other browser.)
- Identification: Have a school or government-issued ID card available.
- Room Scan: Find a well-lit space and be ready for a room scan prior to the assessment.
- Paper: One piece of blank paper may be used during the assessment. Please destroy the paper upon completion of the exam
- Microphone: Any microphone, either internal or external.
- Webcam: 320×240 VGA resolution (minimum) internal or external.
- Computer: Desktop or laptop computer (No iPads, tablets, or phones are to be used) with the ability to download Google Chrome.
- Time: The test can take up to four hours.
- Calculators: Students may not use calculators.
- Scores: Scores will be available to students immediately following the test.
Cost and Payment Information
The TEAS exam will cost the student $75.00* and is paid directly to ATI at the time of the exam with a debit or credit card. *Subject to change
TEAS Minimum Scores by Category-Effective on June 1, 2019
(No results dated prior to June 1, 2019, will be considered)
TEAS score must be at the Proficient level of 58.7%. Additionally, students must earn a minimum cut score in each category:
- Reading 69% or higher
- Mathematics 63.3% or higher
- Science 45.8% or higher
- English and Language Usage 60% or higher
Applicants will receive no more than 10 points on their application based on the TEAS test results. TEAS application points are found by taking the Adjusted Individual Total Score and dividing by 10.