New Student Admission Steps
- Activate your ctcLink account: ctcLink (yvcc.edu). You will create your own password.
- If you need financial assistance to pay for college, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA). Apply for Financial Aid (yvcc.edu).
- Completing the FAFSA/WAFSA as early as possible is recommended. After submitting your requested information, it takes about 2-6 weeks to review your information and determine eligibility.
- Determination of Financial Aid Awards cannot be determined until you are registered for classes. Funds typically apply to your tuition and fees a couple of days before each quarter begins.
- Learn about Academic Pathways at Yakima Valley College (yvcc.edu)
- Select your Academic Pathway with this form: Pathway Selection Tool (smartsheet.com).
- Academic Pathway selection is needed in order for us to assign you an advisor.
Placement: Yakima Valley College requires placement into math and English before you can register for classes. There are multiple options available to you:
1. Have you attended YVC before?
a) Previous YVC students that have taken math or English will not need placement.
2. Have you graduated High School in the last 2 years?
a) High school transcript evaluation can also grant placement. Submit your high school transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for high school placement evaluation.
3. Have you attended another college or university before?
a) Ask the college or university you attended to send your official transcripts to us.
- They may send them electronically to email@example.com. Transcripts emailed or uploaded by students are not official. Once submitted, we will evaluate to determine if you have math or English placement already.
b. Transferring classes: Do you have previous college classes that you wish to transfer?
- Official transcripts should also be submitted if you wish to have your previous college work evaluated for transfer equivalency. Please submit your official transcripts as soon as possible. Turnaround time is about 8-10 weeks for full evaluation.
4. If none of these options apply to you, please visit Placement Testing – Admissions (yvcc.edu) for all placement options.
5. You can also take the YVC placement test by emailing your name and YVC ID number to firstname.lastname@example.org for testing and instructions.
- Students taking classes on Yakima Campus – Call 509-574-4712, email email@example.com or stop by the Admissions counter in Deccio Higher Education Center, Building 8.
- Students taking classes on Grandview Campus – Call 509-882-7015 or stop by Grandview Main, Building 56.
- You cannot participate in New Student Orientation and enroll in classes until you complete all required steps.