The Write Class is a guided self-placement tool used for YVC English placement. The assessment will ask you about your writing and reading experience, show you writing samples from different course levels, and help you choose an appropriate starting point for your English courses.
Accuplacer Reading is a multiple-choice, untimed assessment for students applying to the Running Start program only.
Your math assessment will measure your skills in arithmetic, algebra, and higher math levels.
Please have the following information prior to taking the placement assessment:
- Your last high school math class
- The grade in your last high school math class
- Your overall (cumulative) high school GPA
- Your best estimate is fine, try to be as accurate as possible.
To receive your testing information we will need the following information:
- Student Name
- All students must have applied to the college
- Student ID Number (Located in your Welcome Letter/Email after you applied)
- Send this information to email@example.com
- YVC staff will respond to you within two business days with directions for accessing the online assessments tools
Running Start applicants: