Whitman Hill Winery’s mission is to create highly sought-after wines from our estate grown vineyards that offer a luxurious everyday experience to share with family and friends. We are dedicated to fostering indelible memories to be cherished by creating distinctive experiences through savoring our wine amidst the picturesque views of the Yakima Valley region. Our newly renovated “Garage” tasting room, welcomes guests year-round.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced and energetic Tasting Room Salesperson to join our wine experience team. This is a year-round, full-time position. Availability to work weekends are required and flexibility with days worked.
- Build, enhance and maintain long-term customer relationships.
- Provide the first line of information to the customer by greeting, directing and answering questions regarding our wines, merchandise, history and facilities.
- Host retail wine tastings that convey Whitman Hill Winery’s brand image and lead to sales transactions and brand loyalty.
- Offer wine club program and encourage sign-ups in a captivating manner as to increase sales and build customer loyalty.
- Educate the guests about the wines, wine making techniques and winery information and history.
- Complete transactions accurately on point of sales system, including shipping orders, wine club and cash transactions. Stock and display merchandise.
- Maintain an open line of communication with the manager as well as the winery principals.
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with the winery’s policies and applicable laws and address visitor complaints and resolve problems when needed.
- Meet/exceed monthly sales goals.
- Stock, organize and keep clean the employee’s working environment.
- Other duties as required.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Exemplary customer service skills required.
- One to two plus years of sales experience in a tasting room, restaurant or retail sales environment.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to relay their knowledge of wines and wine production.
- Dynamic communication skills & positive attitude.
- Ability to offer product for purchase and maximize sales with other options for purchase.
- Ability to learn and execute point of sale computer software procedures.
- Must have a clean professional appearance and excel in intercommunications and interactions.
- Ability to start a project and carry through to successful implementation
- Knowledge of the wine industry
- This position must work weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday), some holidays and evenings
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. (a case of wine)
What’s in it for you
The opportunity to build a career, be bold and make an impact in the world of wine
We bring our whole selves, we’re courageous and we deliver together – that’s our DNA. We’re passionate about continuing to grow our brand, enjoy working together, like to have fun and keep things down-to-earth. We’re brave enough and care enough to have the right conversations to get the best outcome and are famous for our can-do attitude. We see challenges as opportunities and move with pace to achieve our goals.
If you’re ready to help us become an admired premium wine company, please apply now!
Inclusion, Equity and Diversity
Whitman Hill Winery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or on the basis of disability.
Pay Transparency Disclosure
The base pay range offered for this position is $17-$21 per hour with opportunities to earn wine club sign-up bonuses. These figures represent what we reasonably expect to pay for this position, but the actual compensation offered will depend upon numerous job-related factors, including but not limited to candidate qualifications, skills, experience, education, location, and alignment with market data.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org