Section Grower Level 3
A career at Skagit Horticulture is challenging, rewarding, and satisfying. We accomplish our goals when each individual performs to their full potential while contributing as a valuable team player with others in the organization.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Section Grower Level 3 is responsible for all aspects of crop production, decision making on fertilizer/pesticide applications, and monitoring of pest populations.
- · Grow crops to meet product ready dates and ensure on-time shipment of quality product
- · Manage moisture and fertilizer to crops through use of sprinklers, fog, drip tubes, booms, and hoses
- · Maintain sanitation throughout assigned area and promote others to do the same
- · Walk crops with Head Grower weekly to identify issues and develop a plan for the upcoming week
- · Scout for pest and disease; Conduct soil samples to test for pH/EC
- · Perform sanitation, herbicide, beneficial biological and pesticide applications
- · Practice safety at all times including ability to properly use and maintain equipment in growing area including injectors, carts, spray trailers
- · College degree or equivalent years of growing experience
- · Computer experience with Microsoft Suite products
- · Effective verbal and written communication
- · WA Pesticide Applicator’s License or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire
- · Work holidays and weekends as required
- · Lift/carry weights up to 50lbs and stand/walk for long periods of time
- · Able to work in all environmental conditions and move between temperature extremes
- · Previous experience with controlled climate systems such as Argus
- · Experience in a wholesale operation
- · Experience applying pesticides and growth regulators
Benefits Skagit offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, and 8 paid holidays.
Please have all resumes submitted to Jobs@skagithort.com