Section Grower Level 2
A career at Skagit Horticulture is challenging, rewarding, and satisfying. We accomplish our goals when each individual performs to their full potential while contributing as a valuable team player with others in the organization.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Section Grower Level 2 is responsible for all aspects of crop production including pesticide applications, data collection and entry, and coordinating with Head Grower and other departments to ensure quality production.
- · Provide moisture and fertilizer to crops through use of sprinklers, fog, drip tubes, booms, and hoses
- · Maintain sanitation throughout assigned area (to include non-plant material upkeep such as algae-free floors, no weeds, no garbage)
- · Walk crops with Head Grower weekly to identify issues and develop a plan for the upcoming week
- · Scout for pest and disease; Conduct soil samples to test for pH/EC
- · Perform sanitation, herbicide, beneficial biological and pesticide applications
- · Practice safety at all times
- · Aid fellow growers and departments as needed
- · Properly use and maintain equipment in growing area including injectors, carts, spray trailers
- · Work holidays and weekends as required
- · Lift/carry weights up to 50lbs and stand/walk for long periods of time
- · Able to work in all environmental conditions and move between temperature extremes
- · Minimum 1 year of growing experience
- · Computer experience
- · Effective verbal and written communication
Benefits Skagit offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, and 8 paid holidays.
Please have all resumes submitted to Jobs@skagithort.com