Section Grower Level 1
A career at Skagit Horticulture is challenging, rewarding, and satisfying. We accomplish our goals when each individual performs to their full potential while contributing as a valuable team player with others in the organization.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Section Grower Level 1 is responsible for the correct daily care of plant materials including irrigation, fertilizer applications, and pesticide use. This position works directly with Level 2 and Level 3 Growers to complete daily, weekly, and monthly objectives.
- Conduct 2x daily inspection of assigned area to identify moisture requirements and communicate possible crop issues
- Provide correct moisture to crops through use of sprinklers, fog, drip tubes, booms, and hoses
- Maintain sanitation throughout assigned area (to include non-plant material upkeep such as algae-free floors, no weeds, no garbage)
- Walk crops with Head Grower weekly to identify issues
- Perform sanitation, herbicide, and pesticide applications
- Practice safety at all times
- Aid fellow growers and departments as needed
- Properly use and maintain equipment in growing area including injectors, carts, spray trailers
- Work holidays and weekends as required
- Lift/carry weights up to 50lbs and stand/walk for long periods of time
- Able to work in all environmental conditions and move between temperature extremes
- Prior experience growing and caring for plants
- Experience applying pesticides and herbicides
Benefits Skagit offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, and 8 paid holidays.
Please have all resumes submitted to Jobs@skagithort.com