McKinley Springs produces some of the most highly regarded bulk wines made in Washington. We are a Family Winery and our commitment to excellence in the cellar is a top priority.
We are growing our brand awareness and are seeking a motivated Winemaker to join our team in Prosser, WA. This fast-paced full-time position will report to Winery Owner and Wine Consultant. Our desire is that the winemaker will be an integral part of the day-to-day operations, marketing, and reintroducing our brand. We are looking for someone who wants to grow our brand alongside our family.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Manage day to day cellar activities to align with production schedules
• Conduct racking, topping and additions
• Order and manage winery inventory and supplies
• Manage bulk wine inventory, barrel purchases and bulk sales
• Manage ordering, logistics for wine packaging and storage
• Manage bottling operations including receiving packaging supplies, filtration, filling finished wine tanks, bottling & clean up, arranging truck delivery to off-site storage
• Maintain proper barrel management regimen
• Participate in blending trials
• Manage pre-harvest cellar readiness – equipment sanitization, ordering supplies
• Manage harvest activities from receiving fruit to cleaning tanks and everything in between
• Manage cellar assistant(s) schedules and responsibilities
• Should be able to drive a truck with pallets of wine (non CDL), and be forklift certified
• Update and maintain winery safety program
• Ensure all winery equipment is properly cleaned and maintained
Successful Candidate should have 2+ years’ experience in a winery cellar; and should possess the following personal attributes:
• Passion for winemaking
• Positive attitude
• Strong work ethic
• Leadership skills
• Ability to work and stand for long hours
• Able to lift and carry 50 pounds
• Able to climb ladders and catwalks
This is a full-time position, with extended hours during harvest months. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer health care, paid time off, sick time and a cell phone stipend.
Interested applicants should apply with resume and salary history.
McKinley Springs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law.