Artifex Wine Co, the leading custom crush winery in the Walla Walla Valley, is seeking Lab Interns to join our 2023 Harvest Team. A lab internship at Artifex exposes you to some of Washington’s best winemakers and their decision-making process.
In the Artifex lab, you will have practical training on lab protocols, analysis techniques, and perform additions based on our client winemakers’ preferences. A high level of concentration is expected in our fast-paced winery, as your work will integrate with cellar activity and have a direct impact on production.
We are looking for motivated, passionate team players who are excited to fully immerse themselves in harvest.
- Learn and follow Standard Operating Procedures
- Tank and barrel samplings
- Brix readings
- Yeast inoculations
- Nutrient additions
- Chemical analysis
- Maintain a clean, organized environment in the lab
- Support a healthy and inclusive work environment
- Enology education or lab/science background is preferred
- Work safely and comply with OSHA and WISHA procedures
- Work and stand for long hours
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
Full-time availability required from early September to early November, 2023. ** Job duration is dependent on vintage. **
$16-$18 per hour, commensurate with experience
Email résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other harvest positions are also available. Inquire within. Learn more at www.artifexwineco.com