Harvest Enologist: Pacific Rim and Company
Reporting to the Sr. Enologist, the Harvest Enologist is responsible for routine laboratory testing, bulk sample preparation, entering lab data and maintaining lab equipment. During harvest this position may be asked to support the cellar operations by helping on the crush pad or helping the cellar crew. This position is central to the success of the winery by providing primary lab testing with a focus on wine quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Laboratory Analyses (80%), Sample collection (<10%), Cleaning (10%)
- Conduct routine SO2, pH, Titratable Acidity and Alcohol analyses while following all safety procedures.
- Cleans glassware and laboratory as needed.
- Ensures all lab equipment is properly maintained and supplies are adequately stocked.
- Collects samples for analyses
- Prepare bulk samples for shipping
- High School Diploma
- College focus in Enology, Chemistry, or related science.
- Strong computer skills
- Understanding of winery operations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Strong math skills
- Strong PC skills.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain an attitude of flexibility and teamwork while maintaining high standards
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
FLSA Status: Hourly