Washington State Official Certified Training
YVC offers a one-day certification for work zone traffic control flaggers. During the course participants will receive a study-guide, and have the opportunity to take the Washington State Certification Exam. Participants must pre-register and pay the course fee in advance. The cost is $45.00
Upon successful completion, receive a Washington State Traffic Control Flagger card valid in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Montanan (valid for 3 years).
This one-day class is offered at a variety of times throughout the year on the YVC – Yakima Campus.
How to Register
Step 1: Go to YVC’s Deccio Higher Education Center located at 1000 S. 12th Avenue or mail to: YVC Registration Office, PO Box 22520, Yakima WA 98907-2520.
Step 2: Complete the registration form
Step 3: Pay the $45.00 course fee at the Cashier’s Office
Step 4: Bring a copy of your receipt to the training. *Participants must pre-register and pre-pay before the day of the training.
Individual’s may register at registration and make payments at the Cashiering office on the Grandview YVC’s campus. Please note, all classes take place on the YVC Yakima campus.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Participants must present a valid state photo ID at the morning check-in to attend the class.
Things to Remember
- Class is held in Skills Center, Building 32, Room 105
- Be on time! Students need to arrive to class no later than 7:45 am and class be over no later than 4:30 pm.
- Be prepared to have your picture taken for your new card. We will ask for hats to be taken off for a clear picture.
- All materials are taught in English.
- Reading and understanding English is a must. There is some math required.
- Bring eye glasses, if needed.
- Dress casually.
- Bring your own lunch.
- YVC’s campus is smoke free except in designated smoking areas.
- The Washington State Department of labor and Industries (L&I) classifies working as a Traffic Control Flagger as “hazardous employment”, therefore class enrollees must be at least 18 years of age to attend the training class.
- Free parking in Lot K off of Prasch and 15th Avenue. Pay lots cost $1 per day. Pay lots are Lot I and Lot N. Campus map.
Retake & Refund Policy
Retake: Participants are allowed to retake the training and retest at no additional fee if they are not successful in passing the exam the first time. Individuals must call to schedule a retake of the test following notice of not passing the exam.
Refund: If participants are unable to attend the class on the scheduled day, a full refund will be issued if notification is received by the WorkFirst Office at 509.574.4745 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours in advance prior to the class date. All refunds take 5-10 business days to be processed. Students who fail to show up for class will not receive a refund.
Cancellations: If minimum enrollment is not met by the day before the training or there is inclement weather, the class may be canceled. Student will be notified by the phone numbers listed on the registration form and emailed (if email address is provided). If class is cancelled, students will have the option to be moved into the next flagger certification class at no additional cost or to receive a full refund.
Individuals may request classroom or testing accommodations two weeks prior to taking the course by contacting YVC Disability Support Services at 509.574.4961 or TDD: 509.574.4677.
Heather Lundquist, 509.574.4745, email@example.com
WorkFirst Office, Skills Center Building 32, Room 100