The Bachelor of Applied Science degree (BAS) in Teacher Education integrates rigorous applied curriculum and residency experience. The BAS Teacher Education (BAS-TE) program prepares individuals for a Washington State Teacher Certificate in Elementary Education (K-8), with additional optional endorsements in English Language Learner (ELL) and Early Childhood Education (ECE).
The Teacher Education program is residency-based. Candidates complete an intensive Residency Experience (student teaching) that requires hands-on work in K-8 classrooms under the guidance of a Mentor Teacher and Field Supervisor within our local partner schools. In addition to residency experiences, candidates complete core courses, which are delivered in hybrid format: face-to-face evening classes and online.
- Dedicated, experienced college faculty
- Hands-on learning throughout the program
- Flexible programming designed for individuals currently working in education or career changers
- Evening courses blended with online learning
- Residency teaching opportunities in local K-8 classrooms
- Options for full-time or part-time attendance
- Affordable tuition