What is MESA?
Mathematics, Engineering, Science Achievement (MESA) builds a pathway to college and careers in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields. MESA develops programing and initiatives to improve diversity and retention in STEM fields, with an emphasis on traditionally underrepresented students.
YVCC's MESA Program
YVCC is one of six community colleges in Washington State that offers the MESA Community College Program (MCCP). Our goal is to increase the number of community college students who successfully transfer to four-year institutions and earn bachelor’s degrees in STEM majors. With that goal in mind, YVCC’s MESA program is designed to assist students in achieving their academic goals through educational support services and professional development experiences.
Who is Eligible for MESA?
Students who qualify for one or all of the following:
- United States citizens or permanent residents
- Students interested in pursing four-year degrees in STEM majors
- First generation college students
- Historically underrepresented minority in STEM
- Students who do not have a previous bachelor’s degree in any field
Visit YVCC’s MESA Director or Faculty Director to complete an application.
Supporting Student Success
YVCC’s MESA Services
- Academic Advising
- Academic Excellence Workshops
- MESA Student Study Center
- Professional Development
- Internship Opportunities
- Industry Related Field Trips
- Dedicated Faculty and Staff
- University Connections
- Meet with MESA Director
- Complete Academic Plan
- Attend Academic Workshops
- Use Student Study Center
- Attend Industry Related Field
University of Washington
Washington State University
Highline Community College
Seattle Central Community College
Columbia Basin Community College
Olympic Community College
Edmonds Community College
Yakima Valley Community College