Foster Youth Programs
Former Foster Youth
Yakima Valley College and Foster Teen Programs at Catholic Family and Child Service have partnered together to assist you in your transition from foster care to college. We are here to help you be a successful, independent college student.
Services available to you:
- Link to financial aid, scholarships, and other college funding options
- Academic Advising
- Career Advising
- Linkages to community resources, such as Independent Living Skills Program
- On-campus mentoring to link with college resources and programs
- Student Advocacy
If you were in foster care during your teen years, and are currently under the age of 23, you may be eligible for this program.
Passport For Foster Youth Promise Scholarship Program
The state of Washington has created this program for foster youth who are under the age of 22 and are emancipated from the foster care system. This new program is designed to encourage you to prepare for and succeed in college.
You may be eligible for the following:
- A scholarship, along with other assistance, that will go toward your tuition and living expenses for up to five years of higher education
- Guidance from college academic and financial aid counselors
Washington State Achievement Council will determine eligibility for this funding source. Program services, eligibility criteria and the application process are outlined at the following web sites:
Independence For Washington State Foster Youth
YVC Designated Passport Contact: