​University Transfer Guide

All public and private colleges in Washington accept college-level academic Running Start credits in a manner consistent with standard transfer equivalency policies.

Generally, students who complete college credit while in high school will apply to four-year colleges and universities as freshmen, and they will receive transfer credit after being admitted to the college. Students must complete the freshmen application requirements including taking the SAT or ACT test, and completing the core high school requirements.

A student who completes an Associate of Arts degree at a community college in Washington will have satisfied, in most cases, all of the general university requirements for the first two years at the public universities in Washington.

­Students should find out about specific requirements for admission into individual major departments (School of Engineering, School of Business, etc.) and other specialized departmental requirements. In some majors, e.g. Engineering, it is not possible to meet all the departmental requirements and earn an A.A. degree in two years. In cases like these, it may be more advantageous to meet the departmental requirements rather than the A.A. degree requirements.

Even though YVC​ has transfer agreements, it is advisable to work closely with the four-year colleges and universities for a successful transfer.

Transfer Guide

School (Public)
Transfer Guide
Running Start Admission Information
Central Washington University
Eastern Washington University
The Evergreen State College
University of Washington
Washington State University
Western Washington University


School (Private)
Transfer Guide
Running Start Admission Information
Gonzaga University
Heritage University
Pacific Lutheran University
Seattle Pacific University
Seattle University
University of Puget Sound
Whitman College
Whitworth College
** Read UPS Admission Policies first