Running Start Need-Based Fee Waiver
Need-based waivers are available for qualifying low-income Running Start students for all fees other than tuition. A student shall be considered low income and eligible for a fee waiver upon proof the student is currently qualified to receive free or reduced-price lunch at the school district through which they are receiving Running Start credits. The following procedure applies to public and home-schooled students.
Running Start Need-based Fee Waiver Procedure
**Fees, tuition, and waiver procedure are subject to change.**
PLEASE READ PROCESS CAREFULLY:
Running Start students attending Yakima Valley Community College must pay mandatory college and student-voted fees.
Yakima Valley Community College is offering a low-income fee waiver to those students who qualify according to the standards listed below:
A student shall be considered low-income and eligible for a fee waiver upon proof that the student is currently eligible for the free or reduced-price lunch program at the school district through which they are receiving Running Start credits.
Current proof of eligibility is required each academic year.
- A student must supply official free or reduced-price lunch eligibility documentation from the school district through which they are receiving Running Start credits. Documentation must be received at the Yakima campus Running Start offices by the last business day before each quarter begins.
- Running Start students must provide new proof of eligibility each academic year.
- A student must pay the mandatory fees if he/she is not eligible for a low-income waiver.
- The fee waiver does not waive tuition or fees for:
- below college-level classes (i.e. Math 095)
- Text Books
If you feel that you meet the eligibility requirements for the low-income waiver, please follow through with the documentation process as soon as possible. Waiver applicants should speak to a Running Start Advisor BEFORE PAYING to avoid having to issue refunds.
Please bring waiver documentation to your registration appointment or mail to:
Attn: Running Start
PO Box 22520
Yakima, WA 98907-2250