OPPORTUNITY GRANTS are awarded to low-income students who are enrolled in specific high-demand career pathway programs at YVC.
To be eligible you must:
- Be a Washington State resident as defined in RCW 28B.15.012.
- Have a current FAFSA and have financial need based on the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Have a family income at or below 200% of the federal poverty level (see HHS Poverty Guidelines)
- Maintain a cumulative 2.0 GPA and meet YVC's Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policy
- Be enrolled in any of the following I-BEST (Integrated Basic Education and Skills Training) programs or career pathway programs at the college:
NOTE: Priority funding goes to students who are enrolled in an I-BEST program
Students may receive financial assistance for:
- Tuition and mandatory fees
- Reimbursement allowance for required books/supplies
- Eligible students may receive funding for up to 45 credits toward a qualifying degree or certificate (must be used within 3 years)
Opportunity Grant I-BEST students may also be eligible for:
- Career coaching
- Some program related licensing/testing fees
- Emergency funds (transportation, child care, other emergency student costs)
Opportunity Grant is awarded based on eligibility and availability of funds. Students must reapply for Opportunity Grant each quarter.
Must be registered for classes before you submit an application
Applications for Fall 2017 will be available soon.
Deccio Higher Education Center - Room 133
Financial Aid Counter (or Financial Aid Drop Box)